top of page

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

About Us

Arbor Vine was established in 2011 by Reverend Laura Wester. Over the years, she has recruited other officiants, so some are more experienced than others, but all are dedicated professionals. We understand that most people have not planned a Marriage Ceremony or Final Goodbye before; no worries, we are here to help.

We do not have an office, but we have officiants in Boise, Meridian, and Emmett, Idaho. Currently, we serve Southwest Idaho and parts of Eastern Oregon. Because we are a Mobile Ministry, we travel to your venue of choice.

Marriage Ceremonies

Marriage License Information

Obtaining the Marriage License is the couple's responsibility. Marriage Licenses are STATE specific; you must apply for a license in the state where you plan to wed.  You can apply for a marriage license at any State County Courthouse, regardless of which county in that state the ceremony occurs. In Idaho, you can get married the same day the license is issued; in Oregon, there is a 3-day waiting period, and the license expires in 60 days.   Your marriage license must be on the premises for the ceremony.

Wedding Decorations

Final Goodbyes

What is the difference between a ceremony and a service?

Nothing.  When talking about weddings, people usually refer to them as ceremonies, and when talking about final goodbyes, people typically refer to them as services.

bottom of page