top of page

Marriage | The Official Website of the State of Idaho

Marriage in Oregon (

Important Marriage License Information

Obtaining the Marriage License is the couple's responsibility. Marriage Licenses are STATE specific; you must apply for a license in the state where you plan to wed.  You can apply for a marriage license at any State County Courthouse, regardless of which county in that state the ceremony occurs. In Idaho, you can get married the same day the license is issued; in Oregon, there is a 3-day waiting period, and the license expires in 60 days.   Your marriage license must be on the premises for the ceremony.

Marriage Age Requirements and Identification Requirements

You must meet these age requirements to be considered eligible to apply for a marriage license.

  • The legal age for marriage in the state of Idaho for both applicants is 18 years of age.

  • Applicants who are 16 or 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (legal guardians must provide a certified copy of their guardianship appointment). The applicant must submit one of the following four elements:

    • Original Birth Certificate or certified copy

    • Driver's License

    • Passport

    • State Identification Card


The parent or legal guardian must complete the following: Affidavit of consent for marriage of minors parents or legal guardians must bring a photo ID issued by the state or federal government to notarize the Affidavit when you sign it.


Any person under 16 years of age will need a court order to approve the marriage before applying for a marriage license.

Requisitos de Edad


Debe cumplir con estos requisitos de edad para ser considerado elegible para solicitar una licencia de matrimonio. 




  • La edad legal para contraer matrimonio en el estado de Idaho para ambos solicitantes es de 18 años de edad.

  • Los solicitantes que tengan 16 o 17 años de edad deben estar acompañados por un padre o tutor legal (los tutores legales deben proporcionar una copia certificada de su nombramiento de tutela). El solicitante debe presentar uno de los siguientes cuatro elementos:


  • Acta de nacimiento original o copia certificada

  • Licencia de conducir

  • Pasaporte

  • Tarjeta de identificación del estado


El padre o tutor legal debe completar lo siguiente: Declaración Jurada de Consentimiento para Matrimonio de Menores Los padres o tutores legales deberán traer una identificación con foto emitida por el estado o el gobierno federal para certificar ante notario la declaración jurada al firmarla.


Cualquier persona menor de 16 años de edad necesitará una orden judicial que apruebe el matrimonio antes de solicitar una licencia de matrimonio.

bottom of page